Thursday, September 18, 2008

Adia's First Treat Day

Adia chose leaf cut-out cookies to make and bring for her first treat day.  We used my grandma's sour cream cut-out cookie recipe.  Adia wanted ALL the leaf colors represented, so we had brown, yellow, "red" (pink), orange, and green (which I forgot to get a picture of the last two).

They were a big hit with the four year olds. :)  Here's how they turned out...
  



Here is the recipe:

1 1/2 cups sugar
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup shortning
1/2 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

mix ingredients, roll thick, use cookie cutters of your choice.
Makes about 40 big soft cut-out cookies

8 comments:

Jin Hoyt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alissa Nicolau said...

Sorry, I goofed with the above post. I was signed in as someone else...

Anyhoo, where's the recipe Audra?? Are ya holding out on us??? The cookies look so yummy that I could just about gobble them up through the computer screen. Super decorating with the frosting skills on display!

Audra said...

Wups, sorry Ali! I added the recipe! I actually used butter instead of shortning this time, but ended up having to add another cup of flour. The dough was too sticky. They still turned out great. So soft. :)

millie said...

Yummy! I was wanting to make some cookies today and I think we have a winner!!! Emry gets so excited whenever I pull out the cookie cutters! Good idea Adia!

Lizzie Bingham said...

These look great, Audra. I should make them for a treat for my Halloween party. Score!

SMurray said...

oh yummy - Grandma Peterson's cookies. Can't beat them. Great choice Adia!!

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

That looks like work! Way to go Audra!

Scott and Amber said...

Grandma would be proud....I can't waite to see what Adia brings for her next treat day??? Maybe send some our way for Hannah's treat day, 'eh??? hee hee Love you!