Monday, August 18, 2008

One Way to Get a New Faucet...

I don't recommend this, but here is how our little John decided we needed to update the 1970's faucet in the kitchen:

Step One:  Wait until Mom leaves and Daddy is "watching" you
Step Two:  When Dad is distracted climb into the kitchen sink
Step Three: Lean/Sit on the faucet until it snaps off
Step Four:  When Mom gets home, Dad heads to Menards

This is how we came to get a new kitchen faucet.  It's very nice...what else does John want to replace?  Time will only tell!

4 comments:

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

If you channel the destruction the right way, this may actually be used in your favor. Hee. Hee. John sounds exactly opposite of sweet refined Adia. I feel boys should be this way though. It makes things so exciting. Right? Funny story.

Alissa Nicolau said...

Love it! John sounds like a pretty "handy" son to have around!

Very exciting news that you'll be building in 2 years. It might seem like a ways off, but I'd be tearing out room ideas now. Make my own binder filled with clear plastic pages which I could fill with tile, wood and fabric samples and magazine clippings to help me decide what I really want. Cause I can change my mind a lot. Plus, so many cool things are available for the kitchen, bath, windows, That's me though!

Audra said...

That is me as well, Ali, although I haven't officially gotten myself a binder (though I should with all the school stuff out). We have lists of must haves, and things we like...and a few blueprints printed off to compare against. lol

millie said...

such a funny story audra! the best part is that it happened on pat's watch! ha! i have to agree with roxi and ali...just point john in the right direction and good things might happen!!