Monday, December 1, 2008

The Christmas Tree is Home!

This year was a first for us.  Since Daddy was stuck at the farm, and Mommy promised we could get a tree on Black Friday, the kids and I headed to Pleasant Valley Tree Farm ourselves to pick out the family Christmas tree!  We have new furniture this year, so I kept reminding myself to pick a small one.  I tried to pick a shorter narrower tree to fit the space we have.

A nice young man helped shake and wrap the tree and got it all loaded up for us.  I always let the kids pick a new ornament for the year.  Adia chose an Angel ornament and John of course went with the dinosaur ornament.

We snagged some popcorn on the way out, and headed home! 

I guess the trees all look smaller outside, because when we got the tree home, it was scrapping the ceiling!  Pat had to cut half the trunk off to get it to fit into the stand.  Oh well, it is a BIG beautiful tree and smells wonderful.  We decorated it Friday night with lots of help from Adia.  John was in charge of tasting all the candy canes.







2 comments:

SMurray said...

Adorable tree -- you guys have got your stuff together!

Great job with the decorations Adia... and as usual Johnny, awesome job licking all the candy canes!!

millie said...

that always happens! the size is so deceiving outside!! i think it turned out wonderful though. we haven't put ours up yet and i am starting to get a little impatient!!!