Hannah and Adia in front of AG Place
American Girl dolls are a tradition in our family. I got my first Samantha doll from my grandparents for Christmas in 1988! Plus Dawn and I used to work for American Girl, when there used to be a call center in Eau Claire. I dare say we all have a near "embarrassing" American Girl collection.
It was a time to remember at the store today. We left home at 6am, so we could be in line early for the 9am opening. We were some of the first hundred in the door, with hundreds behind us. The girls brought their dolls to shop with, and we left loaded down with bright red American Girl store bags.
After we stowed our loot in the truck, we did some Christmas shopping around the mall. Then we again dropped off more bags in the truck, and headed back to the American Girl Place Bistro for our lunch reservations. The girls got "treat seats" for their dolls to eat at the table with us, and the dolls even had their own doll sized menus. Our table was overflowing with veggie platters, soft pretzels, and tomato basil flatbread for appetizers. We treated ourselves to strawberry shakes, juice, and pink milk. For the entrée we had sirloin burgers with curly fries, and chicken tenders with macaroni & cheese with a fruit skewer on the side. All the food was delicious and beautifully presented as in typical American Girl style.
By the time we were finished with lunch there were at least 500 people lined up waiting to shop! Unbelievable. We then left with our tummies and our hearts full.

4 comments:
That sounds like such a nice trip with the girls and uh, dolls! Your description of the food makes me hungry. But you got your first AG Doll in 1988?? Holy cow that puts things in perspective for me. I forget you are Epher and Millie's age. I was a junior in high school in 1988. No dolls for me please. I missed the craze.
What a great girls day out!!! It looks like so much fun. I'm so jealous that you live by so much family, what a fun cousin activity!! I am missing the MOA, I need an H&M fix fast!!!
Looks like you had a great time with girls! I don't think you could wipe the smile off Hannah and Adia's faces if you had to... what a great memory for the girls!
I've been hearing about it non-stop on the radio, glad you guys were able to beat the crazy lines and get in an out! :)
Great post!
I love the American Girls! I better have girls because someone is going to play with the Samantha doll I have. I used to drool over the catalogs and I have a few outfits but none of the furniture and such. So fun!
Post a Comment