Tuesday night (after our big exciting day at the dentist), the kids all got through bed time routine, and tucked in. I went back upstairs, and a minute later John was running in half laughing/half crying holding his tooth! He had pulled it out all by himself. We were all up again making a big fuss for our big boy. We got out the camera's and Adia let him borrow her special "tooth pouch" from her Kindergarten teacher. We put the tooth in and by gosh, in the morning the tooth was replaced with CASH. He couldn't wait to show his teacher and friends. At school the next day John showed his "gap" proudly. He was the first in his class to lose a tooth, so everyone wanted to get a good look. It was pretty cute.
Exactly one week later, Tuesday morning John's other bottom tooth was hanging by a thread and really annoying him. He asked me to pull it out (eeek). I told him I'd try it one time. I pulled and just as I was going to give up-POP out it came. Again we got out the camera's, texted Daddy, and put the tooth in the pouch for the tooth fairy.
Although the tooth fairy saved money specifically for the second tooth because it was so loose, she forgot and took it to church for the offering plate. SO, the tooth fairy's assistant had to get out his wallet for a pile of One's. Tacky, but what are you gonna do?!
In the morning, John was thrilled to get a handful of dollar bills. Adia said, "Looks like the Tooth Fairy was out of big bills". Nice. Called out by a 7 year old. :)
1 comment:
John looks sooo happy! Very cute. And I'm proud of you to have pulled out the second tooth Audra! I threw a book across the room to pull out one of Emry's teeth this past summer, Millie has the video to prove it, if you ever hear from her again that is!
So how much does the tooth fairy dole out at your house?!
Post a Comment