Friday, December 2, 2011

Choosing our Christmas Tree 2011


As every year, we go to Pleasant Valley Tree Farm to get our Christmas Tree. That past few years we have begun the new tradition of choosing our own, and Daddy cutting it down. Last year we picked a 9 ft tree, but there was some miscommunication at the prep station, and a teenage boy walked up to our tree and sawed off it's trunk! It ended up being being a 7-8 foot tree, and looked a little short in the corner we usually put it. So, this year I think we went almost too far the other way with a 10+ foot tree! It really was a beautiful tree, so tall and full- perhaps our best yet.

My husband can really make me laugh sometimes. He told the kids, "I think I see the one", and jumped off the path to measure this big guy!! It was so random, I laughed so hard, and the kids were squealing telling him no it was too little!


Here IS our tree!

Daddy cuts it down...

Off we head to the wagon!






No comments: