Sea World Orlando
We got up early again and drove ourselves in "the Toaster" to Sea World. The day was off to a questionable start when as we pulled into the parking lot, Miss Ella tossed her cookies in the backseat! Most of the damage was caught by her fleece coat and the plastic bag on the floor. It's one of those, "Why did THAT have to happen?" moments. After we cleaned her up the best we could, we decided to see how the day would go. She was perfectly fine the rest of the day/trip. Just a spot of car sickness I guess.
The Girls got a picture with Shamu, John was not interested.
Sting Ray Tank
These pictures don't do this attraction any justice. These Rays acted like dogs begging for treats. Pat bought the kids some fish to feed them, and they were going crazy. About 15 to 20 rays see/smell? the fish and swarm the wall. They clap their "wings" on the top of the water begging for the fish. We were laughing so hard!! The kids were getting splashed and trying to feed each ray. I will tell you their mouths are disgusting! Ewww. Even Ella fed one.
Next we split up. I stayed with the kids and was second in line to do the first Dolphin feeding, and Pat went to go wait at the Sharks Underwater Grill desk to make reservations for supper. (They only take same day reservations, so it's first come first serve) Pat said it was a huge line, but he was 3rd, so we had our supper plans made.
I bought 4 trays of fish for the kids to feed the Dolphins, and all three LOVED it! I was defiantly Super Mom during this time. I maneuvered the double stroller and 3 kids, bought fish trays, and held all three up on the wall to reach the Dolphins!
Next on the agenda was the Blue Horizons Dolphin Show! This show was really amazing. All the tricks with the dolphins, aerial acrobats, high divers, and tropical bird handlers. All set to music, it was probably my favorite.
Our next show was the Believe Killer Whale Show at the Shamu Stadium
(Adia took this picture)
These people got SOAKED in the Slash Zone
Pacific Point Reserve
We went to the Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island Show at the SeaLion & Otter Stadium
I should have gotten a picture of the mime that made fun of everyone as they walked in to get seated. John was laughing so hard at that guy-we all were! The actual show was super funny, too. Also one of our favorites.
Pat let the kids play some games, and our plan of not bringing too many souvenirs home went out the window! BOTH Adia and John got the ball in the colored cup that won a Shamu Whale the size of them!
Ice Cream Break
Sea World Shadow Shot
Lastly Pat ran all of our t-shirts, stuffed animals, game winnings, and stroller out to the Toaster before s we headed for supper at Sharks Underwater Grill
Here is a picture of the kitchen while we waited
The restaurant walls are also the walls to the shark tanks, so while you eat, huge fish and sharks are thinking about eating YOU.
I should have gotten a better family picture in the restaurant, but honestly after 9 hours of Sea World the kids were squirrely, and Ella was near breakdown point since she had no nap. We ate our delicious meal and headed back to our hotel. Another super fun day in the books.
1 comment:
Poor Pearl - car sick, no fun.
She looks so exhausted in the last picture, blood shot eyes and all... I bet she slept for a week when you got home!
I love the video - sea world is on my to do list with our kiddo's too.
Great memories!
Post a Comment