Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lyme Disease


Our little John was diagnosed with Lyme Disease.  He had a fever and was lethargic a week ago Friday and Saturday.  His temp was 103.7, and he wasn't talking.  Then he threw up on Saturday night around 8pm, when I put him in the tub, I instantly saw that what I thought was a mosquito bite a few days ago on this back was a total lyme's bullseye.  I rushed him to the ER at Luther.  He had his throat cultured, he did a urine sample, a chest x-ray, and a blood draw.  He was really a trooper, especially for only being 2 years old.  They said the results were normal, but he does have Lyme Disease.  14 days of amoxicillin 3 times a day.  We were in the ER from 9pm until Midnight.  He seems MUCH better, and has a re-check this Friday.  We always check for ticks, but this one must have just bit and left.  The doctor said those are the most successful ones, since you can't catch and kill them.  So, remember to check your kids, too!  A couple weeks of antibiotics, and hopefully our little man will be healed.


No comments: