Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Big Boy Bed



One day a few weeks ago John decided (like a light switch) that he would NOT be put in a baby crib anymore.  We got by for awhile by letting him fall asleep in our bed or Adia's bed, and moving him into the crib.  Well he then he was waking up screaming bloody murder if he found we moved him into the dreaded BABY crib-he's a big boy after all. :)
 
The sweetest part is this bed was my husband Pat's "big boy bed"!  It is in awesome shape with a nice bookshelf headboard and four big drawers underneath, which are really nice since John's room is on the small side.
 
He was SO excited when we put it all together and showed him.  He jumped right up and started doing "the crappie flop" and squealing with delight!!  He was just beaming with pride.  Then he wanted a book, and fell asleep for his first nap in his new bed!  Amazing.
 
(It's a little strange having no crib set up in the house.)  

5 comments:

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

AUDRA! Hello! It is so good to hear from you, and then click on your blog and see your whole family! So cute! I can't believe your kids are so old! This is going to be so cool to be able to see what you guys are up to. it looks like you are doing well. Do you like having a boy? It looks like he keeps you on your toes. He looks awesome!

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

I love your music!

Audra said...

Hey Roxi! Yes I love having a boy and girl. They are so alike because they are siblings, but SO different gender wise. He's a busy boy! We are having a blast with both. So glad we will be able to keep in touch!

millie said...

Well it doesn't get any easier than that!!! Schweet! What a big boy! I love easy transitions. I thought it was so cute that he was so excited and just couldn't wait to get in bed, so adorable!

Alissa Nicolau said...

Hi Audra! Millie told me you have a blog and I am very excited to see what you all have been up to. Your kids look great and very happy.

I am thinking about coming home for a visit end of summer-ish. Keep you posted cause you know we would love to plan a trip out to see your fam on the farm!